Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Husband

Gary Sam McCullars born 12-29-1941.  Born in Hialeah, FL raised in the Florida Keys.  Graduated in 1961 from Coral Shores High School in Islamorada, FL.  And yes, I was two and a half years old when he graduated from high school!  We met when I was his Dad's secretary at his used car lot in Miami in the 80's.  Across the street Gary ran his and his Dad's Wellcraft dealership.  When his Dad closed the car lot, I moved over to the boat dealership doing the bookkeeping and office work. My husband, Ron and Chrissie's dad, had died but at the time we were estranged.  Gary and I got to know each other better and we started dating.  This started a wonderful relationship and it was from him that I learned what love is.  He taught me through his actions that it's my choice how I make each day.  That you have to work hard in life and not let things come to you. You have to go after what you want in life.  You choose how your attitude will be that day.  So this, along with the teachings of my Mom and Dad, is the reason why I wake up every morning with a smile on my face and show that smile to everyone I meet.  It's not to say I don't ever get upset, but I try to make sure my bad vibes stay to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment