Monday, January 23, 2012

Eventually, I will get on this blog more often. Still getting my Mom settled with the financial end of things.  She is living with my sister now as she wants to sell her house. My sister, Karin, is a saint.  She should have been a nurse because she is such a caring person. You would love her if you met her.

This weekend was a rainy, cold weekend.  I stayed in all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday.  Mom and I road over to her house to check on it and get the mail, and then a quick trip to the grocery store.  Mom stayed and watched football and basketball with Gary.  So I had almost two full days to scrap or make cards and I didn't feel like doing either.  Don't know why. I even went to Michael's on Friday to get a few things with the gift cards I had gotten for Christmas. I have so many projects either on paper or in my head, but I can't get started.  Maybe I will reorganize myself and put the projects in a list of priorities. That is how I handle things at work so maybe it will get me started at home too.  I don't need anymore inspiration because that will just add to my already long list! I think I will talk to Karin, that will help.  She will get me on the track to creativity again.  I hope. 

I am participating in a semester long class for work. Supervisor Development Series.  I've had fun so far and have enjoyed doing the extra work. I hope this will help me get the raise that I (and so many others) deserve.  It's tough in these economic times to be working for the government. 

I know this piece has been kind of wish-washy, back and forth.  It's another rainy cold day.  No sunshine in 3 or 4 days.  I think maybe it plays on my mind.  MAYBE I'm allergic to cloudy, rainy days.  It could be why I'm feeling this way! 

2 comments:

  1. A period of dull, grey days has me feeling blue and sluggish too. That's one reason why I live in a sub tropical region! Exercise such as a walk by the sea or a cardio cycle on the treadmill usually gets me going. I hope that you can soon give the blues a breeze and pick up the projects you'd like to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. I used to live in South Florida so I was used to sun most of the time. Now living in the western NC mountains, even when the sun is out it's not like Ft.Lauderdale or the Keys! The exercise will help me feel better, thanks for the suggestion. Hope your days are sunny again.

      Delete