Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am a scrapbooker, not a collector of scrapbook supplies!

I saw this on Pinterest somewhere and I thought, that is me.  I have all the supplies you can imagine in my craft room.  I have every new machine that has come out.  My husband, my Mom, my kids and even co-workers give me gift certificates to Michael's on occasions so they are feeding my habit!  The store here is only a year or so old so.  We had nothing but a Walmart before that. I would drive down to Winston-Salem, hour and half from my house, and go to AC Moore's and Michael's.  Then I discovered a Hobby Lobby...OH MY!  But most of my paper and embellishments came from Club Scrap.  I would get a pizza box monthly filled with all kinds of wonderful things to create scrapbooks or cards.  I did this for years and most of them I haven't even opened yet.  They just kept coming, we were in the middle of moving, and I just kept packing them away.  Then at the new house when I finally got my craft room done and I unpacked everything, I was amazed at what I had accumulated.  But it also showed me all the things I said I was going to do and then never did. I would see a project, go buy the supplies and then find the bag weeks later with everything still in it and no project done.
Even in my craft room, there are so many things that I don't have enough storage for it all.  And let me tell you, crafters would die for my room.  It is about 20x16, desk, tables, some storage units, though more is needed.  All my pizza boxes are stacked up in a corner, over 50 of them, not opened.  If I don't see it, I don't use it. I have gotten as far as using boxes I bought at Michael's and Walmart to put supplies in; glues, tapes, dot adhesives, brads, scissors, markers, paints, pencils, etc.  And yes, I have enough to fill at least one shoebox size sometimes more than one box of each different supply. Those are all marked and stacked against the wall.  I have a large cart with plastic drawers that I have all my different stickers in, separated by category; letters, wedding, baby, family, Christmas and other. I have so many stamps that I have stacked in boxes and some not even taken out of the boxes.  The pizza boxes all have at least one stamp in it.
My excuses.  Don't want to turn the heat on upstairs in the winter.  Hate to bring it all out to the dinner table only to have to put it away again even if I'm not done.  Have to babysit on one of my two days off with my 4 and 5 year old grandsons, and sometimes my little Aden, 10 months old. Husband misses me working all week and wants me to watch football with him (even though he is in the chair snoring).  Only the weekend to clean house and that is only sometimes since at times I work on Saturday.  See, lot's of excuses not to do something for me.  I guess I sound like I'm complaining. I am a very lucky person and never want to take things for granted. 
This winter, they are going to finish the upstairs. The plasterer will be in to do the other bedroom and the foyer area. I will move the bed out of my craft room into the bedroom.  I will organize the room so that I can see what I have.  I have about 4 tables to do my projects on and I will start/continue doing my projects.  I AM A SCRAPBOOKER, NOT A COLLECTOR OF SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment